- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted)
COCONUT CREAM FILLING
- 2 cups coconut cream pudding (prepared according to box directions)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
CHOCOLATE SYRUP FOR DRIZZLING (OPTIONAL)
- Generously grease a 10″ bundt cake pan with shortening and then dust it with flour. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add all of the ingredients for the chocolate cake. Blend at low speed just until moistened.
- Blend at medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the prepared pudding, coconut and almond extract.
- Spoon the pudding onto the batter, around the center of the cake. Be careful to keep the pudding in the center so that the pudding is not touching the sides.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (our cake took 48 minutes). You can test that the cake is done by touching the top center of the cake. It should spring back when you touch it.
- Allow the cake to cool for two hours in the pan, then turn it out onto a cake plate to cool completely.
- This cake cuts best when it is completely cooled.
- If desired, drizzle the top of the cake with chocolate syrup or even melted chocolate.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator.