- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (washed, hulled and sliced)
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding (1 small box)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 ounces strawberry Jello
- 12 ounces whipped topping
FOR THE CAKE:
- Bake the cake in a 9×13 baking pan according to the box instructions. Allow the cake to cool.
FOR THE JELLO:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil and allow to boil until the water is clear.
- Mix in the Jello powder.
- Allow the Jello mix to cool and add the sliced strawberries.
FOR THE PUDDING:
- Mix the instant pudding with the 2 cups of milk. Use a whisk and stir until smooth.
- Spread the pudding on top of the cooled cake.
- Spoon the cooled (but not set) strawberry jello mix on top of the pudding layer.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Allow this cake to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Store this cake in the refrigerator.