FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Add the sour cream. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 parts, mixing between each addition.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- Mix together the flour, sugars, butter, cloves and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Crumble the topping over the cake batter evenly.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, then store covered at room temperature.