- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (reserve the juice) (1 large can)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice (from drained crushed pineapple)
- milk (as needed)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3.4 ounces vanilla instant pudding (or pineapple pudding) (1 small box)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Bake the cake in a 9×13 baking pan according to package directions.
- Drain the pineapple, but reserve the juice. Pour the reserved juice into a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to the juice to make a total of 1 ½ cups of milk/juice mixture.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the milk/juice and the cream cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Add the pudding mix and whip until the pudding has thickened.
- Spread the cream cheese/pudding mixture over the cooled cake.
- Top with drained crushed pineapple.
- Spread Cool Whip overtop the whole cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- Store any remaining cake in the refrigerator.