FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding (3.5 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups 7UP soda
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup butter
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (with juice)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the 7up and beat well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of the cake springs back when you touch it.
- While the cake is baking, make the pineapple topping.
- Combine the sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- Stir in the eggs, butter and pineapple. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut.
- Spread the pineapple topping over the warm cake.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.