FOR THE CAKE:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries (lightly tossed with a bit of flour)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- lemon zest (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 inch pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour part of the flour mixture into the large bowl of wet ingredients, stir, add in the plain yogurt and rest of flour mixture and then mix until completely combined.
- Fold in the floured blueberries.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan. The batter will be thick.
- Sprinkle the top with a little bit of sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar and heavy cream, start with 2 tablespoons of cream and continue to add more until the desired consistency has been reached.
- Drizzle all over the top and then sprinkle a little lemon zest on top.
- Lightly cover with foil and store at room temperature.