FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple (with juice) (1 large can)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, crushed pineapple (with juice), baking soda, flour and salt and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before moving to the next step.
MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Once the cake is cooled, use a fork and poke holes all over the cake.
- In a small saucepan, stir up the heavy cream, sugar, butter and vanilla and heat until nice and bubbly.
- Pour the sauce all over the cake and allow the cake to sit for an hour or two to let the topping completely soak in.
- Slice and top with a little whipped topping!
- Cover and refrigerate after serving.