FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Use a pastry cutter or two knives to cut in the cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the egg and milk. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the batter in the greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon topping over the cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Serve immediately.