FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Ingredients needed from cake mix instructions
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a bundt cake pan with shortening, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, prepare the yellow cake mix according to the directions on the box. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas, cinnamon (which is optional) and baking soda up until it’s nice and creamy. Add the banana mixture to the cake mix mixture and blend until well combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes on the plate, then turn it out onto a plate to cool completely.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and slowly add in the powdered sugar mixing well with each addition. Slowly add in the milk and mix until a nice drizzle has been reached and all of the lumps are gone.
- Pour the glaze over your cooled cake.
- Top with crushed walnuts.
- Store in an airtight container.