FOR THE CAKE
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (plus a few more tablespoons if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 10″ bundt pan with shortening, then dust with flour.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, cranberries and 1 tablespoon of flour. Mix until the fruit & nuts are completely covered and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in the greek yogurt. Then gently stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the powdered sugar glaze, whisk together the sugar, heavy cream and vanilla until smooth and of a drizzling consistency. (Add an extra tablespoon of heavy cream if needed.)
- Once the cake is completely cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Garnish with extra pecans and cranberries if you’d like.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.