FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9” square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, water and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing each additional as you add it. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely on a wire rack.
- Frost the cake once it is cooled.
- Garnish with sprinkles or chocolate chips.