FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 tablespoons heavy cream
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with shortening, then dust with flour. (Or use cake release .)
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until well mixed. (We use a hand mixer for this.)
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
- Mix in the sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the filling ingredients. Sprinkle over the batter in the cake pan.
- Dollop the remaining batter on top and spread gently to cover the entire top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then loosen the edges and turn out onto a plate to cool completely.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of cream. If the glaze is too thick, add another tablespoon or two of glaze until you reach a good drizzling consistency.
- After the cake has cooled, drizzle the glaze on top.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired.