FOR THE CAKE:
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups finely chopped apple
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter alternately with the sour cream.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.