FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7UP®
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 3-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold 7UP®
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Grease a 12 cup bundt cake pan with shortening, then dust with flour.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in lemon extract and mix.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Add in flour and mix, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in 7UP® and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then mix again for 1 minute at low speed.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or up to 1 hour and 20 minutes. Our cake took about 1 hour and 10 minutes to bake.
- While the cake bakes, make glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and 7UP®. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth.
- After the cake comes out of the oven, let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake over onto a cake plate.
- Let the cake coo, then then drizzle with the glaze.
- Store the cake covered at room temperature.