- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 tub chocolate frosting or 2 cups of homemade frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350º fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using a hand mixer, mix cake mix, egg and almond extract. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. The mixture will be like coarse crumbs.
- Add in pie filling and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Allow the cake to cool, then frost with chocolate frosting.
- Store at room temperature.