- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry Greek yogurt (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Allow the butter, eggs and yogurt to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowls, as needed.
- Add the flour mixture and yogurt alternately, beating on low speed and mixing just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then remove it to a wire rack