FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box white cake mix (around 15.25 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
FOR THE COFFEE DRIZZLE:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
MAKE THE CAKE:
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, milk, eggs and oil. Beat well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. We like to use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make sure it is blended well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center bounces back when you touch it.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
MAKE THE COFFEE DRIZZLE:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, Kahlua, cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt. Mix well.
- Use the pointed end of a wooden spoon (or a large fork) and poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour the coffee drizzle evenly over the entire cake. Pour slowly so it has time to sink into the holes. Loosely cover and refrigerate the cake for 2 hours.
MAKE THE FROSTING:
- Beat together the sugar, mascarpone cheese and Kahlua. Mix well.
- Add the heavy whipping cream. Use a stand mixer or high powered hand mixer to beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.