- 46 ounces peaches in 100% juice (we used 2 23 ounce Dole peaches bottles) drain the juice from ONE of the bottles
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15 ounces) reserve ½ cup for topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks, sliced thin)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
- Measure out ½ cup of cake mix and set aside for the topping.
- In a 9×13 inch pan, mix peaches (with juice from one bottle) together with remaining cake mix and vanilla.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the peaches mixture.
- Sprinkle ½ cup remaining cake mix over the top of the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Top cake with sliced butter, being careful to completely cover the cake mix so that little to no dry mix remains.
- Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes or until you see bubbling on the sides of the cake.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.