FOR THE CAKE:
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1 box spice cake mix 15.25 ounces
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice undrained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup salted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer), add the butter, cake mix, pineapple (with juice), coconut and eggs. Beat well until blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center of the cake springs back when you touch it (or a toothpick comes out clean).
- Allow the cake to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar together until well blended and smooth.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in an airtight container.