FOR THE PEACHES:
FOR THE CAKE:
- 5 medium peaches (peeled, pitted and chopped into ½” pieces)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup orange juice
POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease with shortening and flour one 10 inch bundt cake pan (or use cake release or Baker’s Joy spray).
- Combine the cinnamon and sugars together in a medium bowl. Add the peaches and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture alternately with the orange juice, mixing well between each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour ½ of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with ½ of the chopped peaches.
- Pour the remaining batter over the peaches.
- Add the remaining peaches to the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 80 to 100 minutes. The exact timing will depend on the size and shape of your bundt pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a cake plate to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Add additional heavy cream to get desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the cooled cake with the glaze.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.