- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup low carb granulated sweetener of choice
- ½ cup softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
FOR THE GLAZE
- ¼ cup low carb powdered sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit and grease a 6 cup Bundt cake pan or an 8×4 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sweetener. Cream it together with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and the vanilla extract. The mixture will look like a curdled mess but don’t worry, it will all come together.
- Fold in the almond flour and baking powder. Once flour is incorporated, mix on high for a minute.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place the cake pan on a wire rack and let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Turn it out of the pan and let it cool completely on a cake plate before glazing.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- In a bowl combine the powdered sweetener, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon till it is smooth and lump free.
- Drizzle all over the cake and leave it undisturbed to harden.