FOR THE CAKE:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup low carb granulated sweetener of your choice
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE GANACHE GLAZE:
- 1 cup low carb dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 325º Fahrenheit and generously grease an 8 inch springform cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and unsweetened baking chocolate in a small saucepan and place it on medium-low heat. Kept stirring, until melted. Keep aside to cool.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and the baking soda. Mix well.
- In another large bowl combine the low carb sweetener and the eggs. Beat it on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes till pale and fluffy.
- Add the cooled melted butter-chocolate mixture. Beat for another minute.
- Now add the almond flour-cocoa powder mixture and gently mix in with a spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool inside the pan for about 2 hours.
MAKE THE GANACHE GLAZE:
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream over medium heat until it is hot. There should be steam and tiny bubbles on the sides but it should not be boiling.
- Take it off the heat and pour over the chocolate chips.
- Leave it undisturbed for 5 minutes and then gently stir the chocolate till its all melted into a smooth and silky ganache. Keep aside the ganache for 10 minutes, to cool down.
- Add the ganache glaze on top the cooled cake and tilt and tap the pan to evenly spread the glaze.
- Chill the cake in the fridge for an hour.
- Open the springform pan and take out the ring.
- Dust it with a low-carb powdered sweetener and decorate with berries.
- Slice and serve.
- Keep the leftovers, tightly covered, in the fridge.