- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups low carb powdered sugar substitute (We used Lakanto)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch Processed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a large bowl add the softened butter. Beat with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes till fluffy and white in color.
- Add the powdered sweetener, along with the cocoa powder and beat it on the lowest setting for a minute or until the sweetener is completely mixed in with the whipped butter.
- Increase the speed to high and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or till light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream and beat again for 2 minutes.
- Use immediately to frost your favorite Keto cakes or refrigerate for later.
- This frosting can also be frozen for up to 6 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, and beat with an electric mixer for couple of minute, till light and fluffy.