FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box Butter Golden cake mix (15.25 ounce size)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 2 ½ quart bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, sugar, and butter using a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Add in the vanilla and sour cream. Mix well.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the cake batter in the pan.
- Pour or spoon the remaining cake batter into the pan. Use a spatula to make sure it is even across the pan if needed.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for no longer than 10 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan with a butter knife or a rubber spatula. Jiggle the pan slightly to loosen the cake.
- Turn the cake out onto a cake plate.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- As the cakes cool, prepare the glaze.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Add a third or fourth tablespoon if needed to get a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.