- 1 box lemon cake mix (15.25 ounces)
- 1 cup lemon lime soda (or water)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces lime jello (one small box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- lime zest and slices for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the jello mix and boiling water.
- Pour jello over the cake, being sure to pour inside the holes.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Spread the whipped topping over the Jello layer.
- Top with sliced lime slices and zest. Serve.