FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (about 15.25 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces sour cream
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- ½ cup finely packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sour cream. Mix for about 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Pour half of the cake batter in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the batter.
- Spread the remaining cake batter in the pan, then top with the remaining streusel.
- Gently swirl the batter with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, cream and vanilla extract until you have a drizzling consistency. Add a tablespoon or two more cream if needed.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
- Serve with ice cream if desired. It’s excellent with cinnamon or even caramel based ice cream!