- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10 in” bundt pan with shortening, then dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer or in a bowl of stand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the molasses and eggs and keep mixing until smooth.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, all-spice and ginger.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk into the butter mixture starting with the flour.
- Once everything is blended, distribute evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until the cake springs back and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- After the cake is cooled make your glaze by whisking all ingredients together.
- Drizzle over cake. Slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.