FOR THE TRIFLE:
- 1 baked red velvet cake
- 20 brownie bites
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding (3.4 ounces each)
- 4 cups 2% milk
- dark chocolate candy bar shaved
- 16 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 20 Oreo cookies crushed
FOR THE EDIBLE BLOOD:
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 drops red food gel coloring
PREPARE THE LAYERS:
- Cut red velvet cake into 1” squares and set aside.
- Make the pudding according to the package directions, whisking the pudding powder into the milk. Add dark chocolate candy bar shavings to pudding and stir. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the trifle.
- To make edible blood, mix together chocolate syrup, light corn syrup, and red food gel in a small bowl.
ASSEMBLE THE TRIFLE:
- Start assembling the trifle, drizzle edible blood on the insides of the trifle dish.
- Add a layer of red velvet cake and brownie bites to the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Add a layer of pudding, covering previous layer.
- Next add a layer of Cool Whip, followed by a layer of crushed Oreos.
- Repeat layers until you have reached the top. (Cake/brownies, pudding, Cool Whip, crushed Oreos)
- Cover top in cool whip and drizzle more edible blood over the top to really give this trifle a Halloween look no one will ever forget.
- You can put any other layer on the top that you’d wish. We sometimes use the brownies or cake and even the Oreos.
- Cover and refrigerate trifle for at least 3 hours before serving.
The calories shown are based on the trifle serving 20, with 1 serving being 1/20 of the trifle. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information. The information in the nutrition box are calculated through a program and there is room for error. If you need an accurate count, I recommend running the ingredients through your favorite nutrition calculator.**
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 91IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 3mg