FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box lemon cake mix 15.25 ounces
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
FOR THE JELLO LAYER:
- 3 ounces lemon jello
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
FOR THE LEMON CURD LAYER:
- 1 3/4 cups lemon curd (2 10 ounce jars of Dickinson’s lemon curd)
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- Lemon slices/zest to decorate the top
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer), mix the cake mix, milk, eggs and oil for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 21-26 minutes or until the center of the cake bounces back when you touch it.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes, then poke holes all over the top of the cake using a long-tined fork or a skewer.
- Mix the jello powder with the boiling water. Use a whisk to stir until the powder dissolves. Then mix in the cold water.
- Pour the jello over the cake so that it soaks into the holes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Spread lemon curd evenly over the top of the cake.
- Then spread Cool Whip evenly on top of the lemon curd.
- Decorate with lemon zest or sliced lemons.
- Store in the refrigerator until serving.