FOR THE APPLES:
- 5 pounds Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced, then chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons all purpose flour if needed
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding 3.4 ounces each
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
FOR THE LAYERS:
- 21 whole cinnamon graham crackers
- 16 ounces caramel apple dip
- *Plan ahead because the apples have to cool before making the dessert.*
MAKE THE APPLES:
- In a large saucepan, combine the diced apples, sugar and cinnamon over medium low heat. Cook and stir until the apples are tender. If the apples have a lot of juice, sprinkle two tablespoons of flour lightly over the apples and stir it in. Stir the mixture over medium low heat until it has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and allow the apples to cool to room temperature.
MAKE THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding and the milk.
- Stir in the sour cream and Cool Whip.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with 7 cinnamon graham crackers.
- Top with ½ of the apple mixture.
- Spoon ½ of the pudding mix over the apples.
- Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding.
- Spread the remaining apples over the graham crackers.
- Spoon the rest of the pudding mix over the crackers.
- Add one last layer of graham crackers on top.
- Heat the caramel dip for 30 seconds in the microwave. Use a knife to mix the caramel. Heat for another 20-30 seconds or until the caramel is softened.This is so that the caramel is easier to spread. You don’t want it hot and totally melted, just softened so you can easily spread it.
- Spread the caramel evenly over the graham crackers.Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
The calories shown are based on the cake being cut into 15 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 slice of cake. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information. The information in the nutrition box are calculated through a program and there is room for error. If you need an accurate count, I recommend running the ingredients through your favorite nutrition calculator.**
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 1mg