- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients on back of box to make it) 15.25 ounces
- 5.1 ounces vanilla Jello pudding mix
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons salted butter room temperature
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Butter a 9×13″ baking pan. Set aside.
MAKE THE CAKE:
- Mix the cake according to the box instructions.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the center of the cake springs back when you touch it.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1 hour.
- With a straw or the narrow end of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the cake.
MAKE THE VANILLA PUDDING:
- In a bowl mix the dry pudding mix and add 3 cups of cold milk.
- Whisk until you have a smooth texture pudding.
- Slowly pour half of the pudding over the cooled cake. Spread evenly. Then pour the remaining half and spread again.
- Place the cake in the fridge to set while making the ganache.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- Pour the cream into a microwave safe bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave until it is hot and steaming, but not boiling.
- Add the chocolate chips to the heavy cream. Place a plate or lid overtop the bowl. Allow the chips to sit in the hot cream for 5 minutes so that they melt.
- After the chips sit in the milk for 5 minutes, take the plate off and stir the melted chips into the cream. Mix constantly until the two are completely combined and smooth.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Gently pour the ganache over the cake. Spread evenly.
- Place the cake back into the refrigerator to set for about 2 hours.
- Keep the cake refrigerated until serving.